- WAN optimization, also known as WAN acceleration, is the category of technologies and techniques used to maximize the efficiency of data flow across a wide area network (WAN). In an enterprise WAN, the goal of optimization is to increase the speed of access to critical applications and information.
- WAN optimization encompasses:
- Traffic shaping, in which traffic is prioritized and bandwidth is allotted accordingly.
- Data deduplication, which reduces the data that must be sent across a WAN for remote backups, replication, and disaster recovery.
- Compression, which shrinks the size of data to limit bandwidth use.
- Data caching, in which frequently used data is hosted locally or on a local server for faster access.
- Monitoring the network to detect non-essential traffic.
- Creating and enforcing rules about downloads and Internet use.
- Protocol spoofing, which is a method of bundling chatty protocols so they are, in effect, a single protocol.
- Product for WAN optimization.
KABAZ Group of Companies
339, Block 5,
Laman Seri Business Park,
No 7, Persiaran Sukan, Seksyen 13,
40000 Shah Alam,
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Phone & Fax
03 5510 7919 (FAX)
03 5510 7921 (CORPORATE/SALES)
03 5510 7916 (LAHAZAN)
03 5518 3515/3518 (OPERATION 24×7)
Email & Facebook